Exceptional Plant-based Vegan “chicken” that cooks, smells & tastes just like chicken.Jump to Recipe
It’s the start of a new year and almost everyone has a few resolutions. But we have to agree Dry January & Veganuary Challenges are popping right now. And if you’re a participant, a full time vegan or even just giving vegan options a try then this recipe is for you.
I used vegan chicken style pieces that I received from a plant-based company called Green Meats Co. The company was born with the aim to make the transition to a plant-based diet easier for the everyday meat eater by producing easy-to-cook, great to look at & delicious meat alternatives.Jump to Recipe
Being my first time cooking with vegan ‘chicken’, I opted for a simple recipe and made one of my favourite pan asian recipes – Sticky Asian Glazed ‘Chicken’. Which can be served with either noodles, steamed rice or simply on its own with a fresh salad of your choice. I served mine with steamed jasmine rice, a freshly made salad and paired it with a fresh homemade Rose Lemonade – a drink perfect for Dry January 😀Jump to Recipe
I enjoyed cooking with this Chkn and my end results were pretty impressive. The chkn texture was incredible and absorbed all the flavours just the way I wanted it to.
Thinking of trying a Vegan lifestyle this year? Green Meats Co. have been working on the perfect plant-based meats taster boxes to help you on your journey. Order Here
Follow my blog on BLOGLOVIN’ | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel | Follow my Instagram
FOLLOW THEM, TRY THEM
Website | Instagram | Twitter | Email
Vegan Sticky Glazed Chkn
- 1 pack of Chkn Pieces
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil Extra virgin
- 2 tbsp of Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce
- ¾ cup of Brown sugar Adjust to your liking
- 2 cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp of Ginger Peeled & grated
- ½ Lime Juiced
- ½ Lemon Juiced
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes to taste Optional
- Spring onions Thinly chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the chkn that has been seasoned with pepper only.
- Cook the chkn for about 3 mins on each side or until browned on both sides. Then set aside on a separate plate while preparing the sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin Sauce, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, lime & lemon juice.
- Place the sauce into the pan. Bring to boil over medium heat for 1-2 mins until sauce thickens.
- Add chkn back to the sauce and coat each side with the sauce.
- Serve by pouring it over the steamed rice, garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions